So what is self development, improving on your skills or attitude one day at a time can make a difference in your life, mindset is a powerful thing and we have seen many examples of this, people who overcome things like addiction, hero’s who step in to save lives, each day there will be some one on this journey, what do you want out of life?
Much of our character is molded by parents, teachers and all those we are exposed to as we grow up, some have had a great balanced approach and we go on to become decent adults, however there are many who have not had such a upbringing and struggle in life with self worth, confidence and where they fit in.
We can have some challenges in life that can really impact on us and the world seems to be moving at such a speed we have barely have time to stand still and reflect on where we are at with ourselves.
We all know we can train and build up skills however changing our mindset can be a very difficult thing to do, changing how we think or view something can seem impossible at times however it can be done if we really want to.
I have come across many negative people who for some reason or another refuse to believe something good in life can happen, now I am not talking about people who suffer from depression, I am talking about fit and able people, they can really drain you and whilst we want to reach out and help build someone up if they do not do their part it is all to no avail.
We all know the saying “you can take the horse to water but you can’t make it drink”
If you are struggling with this now is the time to take action each day we wake and we have a choice as to how to deal with it, here are some idea’s to help your on your way
- Get enough sleep
- Healthy diet & exercise
- Try something new could be anything
- Learn add to you skill set
- Read motivational books if you cannot afford them check out your library
- Create a dream board, places you like to see, new house or holiday
- Smart goals .. start with some small short term one’s add a time frame. go for it
- Relaxation or meditation which ever appeals to you
- Unhappy in work, look for new ways seek out other opportunities
- If you are retired, find a hobby try and keep learning to keep your mind active
- Feeling down, listen to uplifting music or motivational talks, there are thousands on youtube
- Be organized especially if you work from home, have a schedule
- Choose people who uplift you to be around
- Have a mentor
- Believe in yourself, love yourself and show that to those who matter in your life
- Pay it forward, help others where you can, smile, quick hello can make a big difference in someone’s life and it is a small and easy thing to do
- Be happy life can be challenging however you do not have to let it beat you
- Do not let those nay sayer’s crush your dreams
- Empower yourself and try to do the same for others
No one can sort your life out for you unfortunately we have to use the tools to fix it for ourselves there are many people who have overcome big challenges to improve their circumstances, lets face it all the great inventions of our times have not been without failures or mishaps along the way.
The mind is a very powerful thing we only have to look at technology to know this, I see computers as an extension of a brain, the way it processes, evolves, learns, works things out and each day we process so much information, how amazing is the human mind.
You may well say what has this to do with building a business or even getting a new job, everything because if you do not have the right mindset how do you think you will do, how many times have we said things like I am going to stop eating junk then a short time later we are eating junk. One of my favorite places to hear great talks is Ted it is a wealth of motivation and direction from very successful people.
Here is one of the talks I think really helps and it is simple to follow, why not check it out